Chiese a porte aperte Share Tweet il mio itinerario ?
Upper Maira Valley Museum of Sacred Art
Diocesi di Saluzzo ( sec. XVIII )
Fraz. Borgo Villa, 12021, Acceglio, CN
Acceglio’s Annunziata confraternity has hosted the Upper Maira Valley Museum of Sacred Art since 1998. The exterior, with its façade culminating in a bell gable, is the outcome of a series of different architectural periods and pictorial decorations that time has almost erased. The museum was founded to protect an area at risk of depopulation and loss of cultural heritage, and is promoted by the local parish church of Maria Vergine Assunta. The restoration and selection of exhibits was undertaken in partnership with the tasked superintendencies, Piedmont Regional Authority, the Diocese of Saluzzo, and Acceglio Municipal Authority.
Once inside the 18th-century door, visitors see the nave furnished with showcases containing liturgical vestments that evoke the presence of the clergy, guiding the eye to the altar with its remarkable painted, gilded stuccoes and Annunciation altarpiece dating from the mid-17th century, as well as a 15th-century fresco of the Pietà, reminiscent of the style of the Biazaci brothers of Busca. The layout takes into account the original use of the building and seeks to preserve the signs of the centuries when these spaces were dedicated to worship and meeting. Highlights of the collections include a rare 15th-century miniature and three altarpieces by Vittorio Amedeo Rapous, datable to the 1760s, painted for Acceglio’s Cappuccini church, suppressed in 1802, from which the painting by Jean Claret commissioned by the Taffini family, feudal lords of Savigliano, also hails. The exhibition rooms added with the extension commenced in 2000 include one dedicated to local worship and another to house the works of Acceglio painter Matteo Olivero (1879–1932).
THE ANNUNZIATA CONFRATERNITY CHOIR.
The space behind the high altar has not been stripped of the furnishings that characterized the choir as the meeting place of the local confraternity. The desire to preserve this space in its entirety enables visitors to understand the stages in the social life of the association, and younger generations may rediscover its rituals. The choir stalls still have the main seat for the rector, who was re-elected every year, on the feast of Saint Stephen, as was the female counterpart for administration. A document dated 1868 mentions that during functions men wore a white habit with a hood, tied with a white cord. Women wore a simple veil but it was large enough to cover them completely and it was belted in the same way as the male garb. Members were recorded in the list of brethren while the lectern at the centre of the choir stalls held the hymnal. For the confraternity, the significant moments of the liturgical year were the holy days of the Annunciation, Maundy Thursday, the feast of Saints Peter and Paul, along with the funeral rites of its brethren. For the latter, processional poles bearing the Crusade emblem were carried in procession through the streets of the village, along with painted, draped wooden crosses, lanterns, and funeral banners with rich embroidery.
|Sab-Dom||10:00 - 11:30||14:00 - 18:00|
Orari di apertura validi per i mesi di luglio e agosto.
Luglio - Agosto :dal lunedì al venerdì su prenotazione.
Da Settembre a Giugno: dal lunedì alla domenica su prenotazione.
The building may be visited at the times indicated unless a religious function is in progress
- Cattedrale di Saluzzo
- type of building
- Fraz. Borgo Villa, 12021, Acceglio, CN
- 0171 99008
- food venue
SANTUARIO DI SAN MAGNO
VIA DON MASCARELLO 1, CASTELMAGNO, 12020, CN
0171986178 / 3292182759 firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
CASA PER FERIE “PIO XI”
FRAZIONE SERRE 1, CRISSOLO, 12030, CN
CASA PER FERIE
Santuario S. Anna (S.Gioachino – Excelsior – S.Giuseppe)
FRAZIONE SANT'ANNA 1, VINADIO, 12010, CN
Strutture alberghiere e punto tappa Gta